"Innovation is no guarantee against failure, but without innovation, failure is guaranteed." This statement made by Stefan R. Munz - the famous product and organisation developer - is an incentive for us to strengthen and continuously develop the potential for innovation of companies. This approach is particularly effective in networks and cluster initiatives.
This statement made by Stefan R. Munz - the famous product and organisation developer - is an incentive for us to strengthen and continuously develop the potential for innovation of companies. This approach is particularly effective in networks and cluster initiatives. In addition to this aspect, the synergies emerging in such dense networks of clusters and their respective partners should not be underestimated. Industry-specific knowledge and local concentration allow a rapid and personal exchange of knowledge. Research institutes and specialized suppliers help identifying and responding to market and innovation trends at an early stage.
Therefore, an active participation in a cluster initiative offers real added value for the involved companies!!
Companies that are actively participating in networks and cluster initiatives report
- that they had an improved cooperation with universities and research institutes with regard to problem solving or the development of new products and services;
- that targeted and perfectly suiting cooperation partnerships could have been established particularly with other network members;
- that joint research and cooperation ventures allowed a more balanced allocation of the innovation risk between several parties leading to a risk minimization to an often only thus acceptable level;
- that own resources could have been used more efficiently;
- that joint public relations work, marketing activities or measures for recruiting skilled employees could have been initiated;
- or that the cooperation with other participants of the cluster initiative had facilitated the development and implementation of internationalization strategies, also with regard to the own business venture.
And last but not least - 70 % of the "growth champions" among the European SMEs put great emphasis on close links with their network partners in the area of innovation management. All these aspects bring inestimable benefits from which your company may profit when participating in a cluster initiative! It is never too late to take the initiative!
Our website www.clusterportal-bw.de always provides you with the latest information on the cluster landscape of Baden-Wuerttemberg and helps you finding the right cluster initiative for your company.